The stairs give your home a better design and aesthetic view besides helping you reach various rooms. Most people cover their stairs using high-quality carpets to increase the interior décor and also protect the stair.
It is important to clean and maintain your stair regularly as it increases indoor air quality and also makes your home safer. However, some methods used in cleaning are simply ineffective and others are too much burden. Here are a few insights and tips that will help you achieve ease and effectiveness while cleaning and maintaining your stairs:
These insights will ensure you have an effortless time cleaning your carpets and finish it quickly and more effectively;
- Vacuum pattern – When vacuuming your stair, you are probably doing this when it is dirtiest and grinding on the dirt. It is advisable to vacuum from down climbing up to ensure you are stepping on the clean carpet as you take on the steps. This also makes the process effortless as it protects you from bending over while vacuuming.
- Find an appropriate cleaning tool – The main things to note when cleaning any part of the room is requirements/supplies and cleaning style. Since you already know how to clean, you need to find the right tools for and effective output.
- One good example for cleaning carpets is the turbo tool (a beater brush powered by air) which is attached on the vacuum cleaner to brush across the carpets. Use a soft damp cloth to dust off the painter banisters. If you must use soap, add the dishwashing liquid to water and rinse.
There are other minor things you can do to avoid spending much effort and time cleaning. Always ensure you dry thoroughly before covering the stairs to prevent growth of mold and other parasites that thrive on such moist places.
To get the most of your stairs and prevent expensive repairs or purchases, consider the following stairs maintenance techniques;
- Rotate your carpets often – If your stairs are covered using a carpet, it is advisable to rotate the carpet from time to time. This will change the path people walk on and ensure even distribution of the traffic.
- The carpet will hence get old at evenly and this has a great impact on the visual beauty of your spaces. Even distribution of wear is also one of the methods used in maintaining all indoor carpets.
- Lubricate squeaks – If your stairs produce a squeaking sound or if you want to prevent such cases, find some talcum powder and sprinkle it at the back of the seams (between tread and rise).
- Powdered graphite (like that found in a pencil) also works the trick. However, you will need to reapply these powers once they fall off the joints (approximately every month or so.
Cleaning and maintaining stairs should not be a daunting task if you know exactly what is needed and how to do it. The ultimate goal is to reduce effort and time spent in such activities while ensuring your carpets and stairs last longer.
It is advisable to use environmentally friendly cleaning solutions and hhigh-qualitytools that do not depreciate your floors. Clean all parts of the stairs and do the same when inspecting it during occasional maintenance.